Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Random Gamers Guild Work: Common Gha'vial

I am finally back from my vacation and settling in after the Christmas. Hope everyone had a great holiday. I know I did. 

Getting onto the subject at hand. This weeks post is the Common Gha'vial, a race of intelligent crocodile men developed by Matt Hargenrader for his upcoming "Dwellers in the Deep Places" RPG guidebook, to be released sometime in the near future. 

Without further ado. Here is the Common Gha'vial.

Common Gha'Vial, Del Teigeler, Mavfire, Creature, Monster, Aligator man
Copyright Del Teigeler 2014. Licensed to Matt Hargenrader.

There are several iterations of these creatures that I illustrated, in the future I will be posting the Greater Gha'vial, Skeletal Gha'vial, and the Nestling Swarm.

For this type I wanted him to be slightly savage in appearance, adding in tattoos, and tribal markings, as well as primative weapons. I actually think this pose is a nice one for this illustration as well.

The detail work for his scales and "armor" was the most difficult, but I had some success with the Kaprosuchus previously and used alot of the technique i learned there for this guy.

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment