Saturday, December 20, 2014

Old Sketches: Vacation Filler...

I rarely keep any of my artwork on my laptop, and when I went searching for some I found (to my surprise) a few older sketches that I did for & Magazine last year. These were done in pencil and initially only put on my original website, as I had not started this blog yet. 

It seems (looking at these) that I have both come a long way, and lost a bit with my current style. These are in pencil, and I love the amount of detail and shading that can be done in pencil. 

However, I feel that my ink work has improved dramatically, and I personally feel that inked artwork is more "sale-able" meaning if someone is using it for an RPG or book, it looks better, especially if it will be printed on paper. 

I guess with either technique there are trade offs. Anyway, without ado, here are the sketches. 


This first one is called bag of bones, and was used in & Magazine, and as part of an online beastiary as well. Pencil and black colored pencil were used for it. 



This next one is a Chihuahua-sphinx a breed of sphinx and quite nasty. Check out the back issues of & Magazine for both of these. 

Okay, I am going to enjoy the rest of my vacation...two weeks without drawing, and my bones are itching to get back to the drawing table. I have to finish three more pieces for +Jeff Talanian  and his Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea project. 

Then I will be looking forward to working with +Joshua De Santo  on an upcoming project. 

Thanks for looking and comments always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment