Thursday, November 6, 2014

Village of Deeping Well work...

An undisclosed project I am working on has me drawing for a village called Deeping Well. 

Here is some of the work I am doing for it. 

The first will be a page holder image of the actual "Deeping Well", and shows something coming out of the well. 

(Click to Enlarge)

This image will accompany page numbers and probably be a part of a larger format image that borders the pages. 

This next sketch is a concept for the town overview. I wasn't very happy with how it initially turned out, and I scrapped the idea, but couldn't let my efforts go completely to waste so here it is. 

(Click to Enlarge)

I initially want the village to be propped up on a hill, and there was going to be a dragon in the foreground. This may be turned into a reference when the cover work begins. But for the initial village layout it just wasn't working. Over all I am pleased with the way the buildings came out. 

I also wanted to scale the size of the village down, the concept got started and then I realized the actual village would be much smaller. 

This next illustration will be an interior map of the village. I have some tweaking to do, but for the most part this will be the way the town is laid out. A somewhat typical fantasy village. 

(Click to Enlarge)

This project has taken a back burner to two other projects that the due dates are rapidly approaching, but I didn't have a whole lot of progress on either of those projects to post, so I thought I would let these out of the bag. As it has been almost a week since my last post, and I don't want to give up on this blog thing. Life just seems to leap out of the bushes and attack sometimes. 

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for looking and comments always welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment