Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What Mimics Mimic

     It is interesting when we think about what in the dungeon environment that the creature known as a Mimic can actually mimic. In an article coming soon in & Magazine "Why Solids Don't Understand", by +Michael Corrinet  describes in detail some of the interesting takes on what these creatures can turn into in order to confuddle and complicate an adventurer's life in many settings. 

The following art should accompany that article in issue 10 if the editor deems it appropriate. In my opinion it is not my best work, but it was another attempt at using shadows and whites and blacks. 
(Click to Enlarge)

It has a cartoonish feel to it, but that is not always a bad thing when it accompanies an article. A little whimsy goes along way when the art is quarter page. I like the way the shadow of the dwarf turned out, but the warrior leaves something to be desired. 

As with every piece of artwork there is always something that could be better. I would love to hear what you think, please put a comment in the spaces provided. 

....And check out & Magazine issue 10 when it publishes in August. 

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the suggested art for my article, I wish I had your skill. Been a long time since I wrote that article, but still DMing and creating.
    Wish we had another place like that to publish, was sad to see the magazine go quiet.

    ReplyDelete