Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Thank you Black Blade Publishing

     I have wanted to post this for some time but wanted the debut of the logo I created for Black Blade Publishing to have been printed and displayed at +NTRPGCON before I did so. +Jon Hershberger of Black Blade contacted me for this design for their tongue in cheek "World Tour" T=shirt. It was an absolute pleasure working with Jon on this logo, and this post is just a way of saying thanks to him for seeking me out in regards to the design.

The logo started out as a D20 with a globe inset as seen below with a quick mock up of a sword. It was originally hand drawn, and then inked in. I scanned it and touched it up digitally. I have worked with screen printers on other projects in the past and traditionally drawn art needs some post production touch-up in order for it to produce crisp screen prints. 
(Click to Enlarge)

As discussions progressed Jon thought it may be a good idea to keep the same sword from their original logo, so I quickly replaced the "cheesy" Del version of the sword with the original. I did this digitally versus hand drawing the whole thing over. 
 That version is seen below. 

(Click to Enlarge)

It was then decided that a similiar version of the logo was needed, without the BBP in the middle of the tetrahedral. So again in digital (granted, I am not the best with digital drawing and rendering) I removed the BBP and came up with this final image. 

(Click to Enlarge)

Again it was a pleasure working with Jon and Black Blade Publishing, feel free to visit their website for the OSRIC hardback and other OSR related items. 

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome!

(All images in this blog post copyright Black Blade Publishing)



No comments:

Post a Comment