Wednesday, July 16, 2014

BBQ Meatballs Fantasy Style...

+Bryan Fazekas  of the +& Publishing Group  asked if I could come up with an idea for one of his articles entitled "Gaming Gourmet" which will see publication in & Magazine issue 10 due in august. It is an article feature in which a real recipe is given and then a "fantasy" picture usually accompanies it to go along with the theme. 

I drew up several thumbnails today while at work and thought I would post up the one that I liked the most and see what any of you had to say about it.


(Click to enlarge)

This is a VERY rough sketch and in the next few days I will be fleshing it out and inking it. My thought here was to have "some sort" of giant creature roasting his "BBQ meatballs and sausage" over an open fire. He would have had to find something large enough to skewer the beholders and the purple worm, and so what better thing to use than a bent over and broken pine tree. They are readily available in any fantasy setting and would work out as a decent skewer for such a big guy. 

I am not sure I will keep the pose of him, but it is quite funny having him in just shadow and the "BBQ" in full detail. I will have to decide. With thoughts about where the lighting will be coming from (ie fire), he would probably be illuminated slightly from the front, which would require a bit more work. 

Overall I am happy with the layout and concept. Let me know what you think. 

Thanks for looking, thanks for the +'s and comments always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment