Friday, August 22, 2014

Resting Orc Final

Diligently working on this since my earlier post. Wanted to finish it up, and I don't feel like I rushed it either. The weight of the inks definitely is felt in this final illustration. I really worked the shadows in, making sure that they fell in the right places to compliment the overall coposition. 

I am quite pleased with how it turned out in the end. I have yet to decide whether I will leave it black and white or add in my grey-scales, as you may have seen in some of my other artwork here on the blog. 

(Click to Enlarge)

If I could have figured out a way to illustrate sweat and grime I would have, he feels a bit too pristine for as tired as he looks. It is something that I will have to continue to work on. Each time I pick up the pencil or pen I feel like I must set out to do something better. While I didnt accomplish the fabulous quality of Frank Frazetta I will continue to strive toward such lofty goals. 

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment