Monday, July 6, 2015

Hogtown Games: Cave Entrance

Continuing work on +Steve C Hogtown Games "The Purple Mushroom Inn" module. Steve wanted an overgrown hill placed in the same fungus encrusted forest that the Inn was in, and a few guardians. 

Here is the final. 

Narrow Cave by Del Teigeler, Mavfire
Copyright Del Teigeler 2015. Licensed to Hogtown Games 2015.

All the little details took some time to render, but it was definitely worth the effort. The pebbly path leads up through thick vegetation overgrown with vines, and the monster within awaits. I particularly wanted to come up with some new fungus so I added in the round ball type things after looking online at a few references. I plopped a stump up atop the hillock and covered it with shrooms as well. 

My wife particularly liked the short fat guardian, she thought he was "Cute", not sure an adventuring party would think that he is cute after he rips their arms off. It seems that everytime I make the effort to try and make something vile, she says its cute. Maybe she needs to see an optician. But I digress.

The clouds were sort of an experiment. I think they turned out good, but could have been a bit more foreboding. I will try better next time. 

Anyhow, this is only one of several interiors that I have done for this project, including my previous entry "The Purple Mushroom Inn" itself. 

I will include a link when and where this is released at that time. 

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment