Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Kobold Shaman finally done

I have finally finished the illustration of the Kobold Shaman I have been working on. It took longer than I first expected and has come a long way from concept to fruition. I think it could have been good as just a stand alone Shaman casting a net spell, without background, but I think it will work even better as a full illustration. 

After the last phase I tightened up the darkened areas, and used white gauche for highlights. Each pebble of the floor got a bit of shadow and highlight, making sure that the highlights and shadow were representative of the light source from the magic.   

I darkened up the shadowed parts of the Shaman as well, with a Pigma Black ink pen, and added in the arcane sigils to his chest boards. I then highlighted them as well with white gauche. 

Overall I am pleased with how this came out. I hope you enjoyed seeing the whole process throughout. 

(Click to Enlarge)

After a quick break I will start working on more illustration for & Magazine

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment