Friday, August 29, 2014

Goblin Warrior Final

Got up this morning and finished my Gobo at Work sketch. Inked it in and used Prismacolor neutral grey markers to finish. 

It took me a few minutes to work in the floor pattern. I have done stone floors in the past on Kobold Shaman and Jaguwere, but wanted to go for something a bit different for the gobo. I figured him standing on a sandy/loam floor with remnants of human bones would be a good "backdrop". 

I worked on shading again, and used some of the techniques I began to hone on Resting Orc, and expanded on them with my use of grey markers. 

(Click to Enlarge)

Looking closely at the drawing you will see I went to great lengths at showing veins, grit and wrinkles without going overboard (at least in my opinion). I used my wood grain technique on the shield made from dungeon door boards, and worked on a rust technique I picked up from Mark Crilley (an illustrator who produces youtube videos on "how to draw") for both the broken sword and the warthog jawbone.

I think it is vital for any artist to continue to learn, and I am finding it easier and easier to pick up helpful hints along the way to make my art work that much better. 

Thanks for looking, and comments always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment